Friday, September 28, 2007

Chill Factor

As excited as I am for the start of the NHL season next week I'm even more excited about strapping on the skates and playing some hockey OUTSIDE. That's why I'm bumming about the current warm weather we're having in New York City. I want there to be a nip in the air. I want to start breaking out the sweatshirts and hoodies. And I want some ice!

The ball hockey rink that I play at doesn't have any lights and last night we would have killed for it to be as bright as the picture on the left. With sundown happening around 7 pm these days, it's safe to say that weeknight ball hockey is done for the season.

So make it cold already. I want to be at Lasker, or Wollman in Brooklyn or even Bryant Park. Stars above, ice below, skating around on the closest thing I can find to a frozen pond in New York City. I can't wait.